CTF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING (AGM)
& FRIENDSHIP GATHERING
Saturday 25th June 2016, 9 AM – 4 PM
500 Sanatorium Road, Hamilton ON Canada
Free workshops, vendor area, tea sampling, swap meet!
All are welcome! Join us and bring a friend! Or two!
Click on the green REGISTER button on the left to register.
That way, we'll know to set aside a chair for you!
Thanks to those that have already registered. It helps with physical set up, but also helps us to know how many copies of the Minutes we need to prepare, keeping us more environmentally friendly to boot! (This is our first year trying this experiment. Let us know if you have suggestions to improve the process. Thanks!).
• 9:00 a.m. Building accessible for set-up and social time!
• 9:30 – 11:00 a.m. AGM (CTF Members only—join on the spot!)
• 11:15 – 12:00 p.m. Workshop 1: Stationary 24
• 12:15 – 1:00 p.m. Lunch (Bring yours with you or…)
• 1:15 – 2:30 p.m. Workshop 2: Health Issues
• 2:45 – 4:00 p.m. Workshop 3: Pedagogy
To take full advantage of the seminars and the beautiful labyrinth site outdoors on the grounds, feel free to bring your training shoes (and your spear, sword, sabre, fan, etc.).
Tea sampling, tasting, and vending with Robert James Coons – try before you buy!
Swap meet – have a book, video, sword, etc., that you’re not using? Bring it to trade!
Looking for a new t-shirt, pants, sword, shoes, etc.? Set aside some time for browsing!
Not able to attend but interested in contributing?
Send us your thoughts! mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Free Workshops Details… read on!
WORKSHOP SCHEDULE – Saturday 25th June 2016
11:15 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Workshop 1: Stationary 24
24 Posture Stationary Tai Chi / Importance of Hip Rotation and Grounding, with Malcolm MacQuarrie
1. Importance of 24 Posture Stationary Tai Chi in Keeping Training Effect
2. Importance of 24 Posture Stationary Tai Chi for Helping the Infirm
3. Modification and Explanation
4. Preparing In Wuji / C’mon and Bounce With Me
5. Hip Rotation for Sinking and Rooting
6. Maintaining Zhong Ding (Central Equilibrium) During 24 Posture Stationary Tai Chi
7. Swimming in the Air / One Move, Many Postures
8. Conclusion / Experiment and Don’t Forget To Play
1:15 – 2:30 p.m. Workshop 2: Health Issues
Participants will be introduced to a four-step Qi Gong healing process, with Joh. Friedrich
Step 1: Open up the body (meridians) to free energy flow.
Step 2: Purge stagnant used up or toxic Qi out of the body and mind.
Step 3: Replenish the body and mind with fresh wholesome Qi.
Step 4: Regulate, or spread the Qi throughout the body and mind or send it through an area of concern.
Weather permitting, this workshop will be conducted outside in the labyrinth area next to the trees.
2:45 – 4:00 p.m. Workshop 3: Pedagogy
AGM teacher sharing session with Michael Kirwin
Purpose: an opportunity for teachers to share solutions they have come up with to the problem/challenge of teaching tai chi to students with various medical issues
1. Prepare a one-page handout that describes a health issue and how you used tai chi/qigong to help student with their issue. Provide a specific exercise and/or form as example.
2. If you know sources/links that would support your suggestion, list them on your page.
3. Depending on numbers, a five- to ten-minute presentation to the group including time for Q&A (Questions and Answers).
4. In order to continue the conversation, we will publish the information in Tongren. And, if you wish to provide your email address, it is hoped others can talk with you about your ideas. (Possible that this also may be done via 'chat' function on CTF website, if preferred).
5. If there is sufficient interest, a follow-up session will be part of CTF AGM 2017.
Not able to attend but interested in contributing? Send us your thoughts! mailto:email@example.com